The South Carolina Teaching Standards 4.0 rubric will be integrated into the Expanded ADEPT Support and Evaluation System in Marlboro School District beginning 2017–18 for all classroom-based teachers.All Expanded ADEPT formal evaluation systems must include multiple sources of evidence that reflect teacher's typical performance relative to each of the SCTS Indicators. Evidence must be collected from the following sources at a minimum: Lesson plans, classroom observations, reflections on instruction and student learning, the professional review, and the SLO and professional growth and development plan. Evaluation teams may also request student work from observed lessons to support SCTS Indicator ratings. Lesson plans and student work will come in a variety of formats, depending on the local context.
To support implementation, the SCDE provides the forms for classroom observation summaries, teacher reflection, the professional review, and the SLO and professional growth and development plan.
- This form is appropriate for both the documentation of the post-conference meeting and a teacher's post-observation reflection. Post-Conference Observation Summary (29 KB, .docx)
- This form is appropriate for the teacher's post-observation reflection for districts that prefer separate forms. Post-Conference Observation Teacher Reflection (26 KB, docx)
- During the evaluation period, the building principal (or designated school- or district-level administrator) must complete the Professional Review. The purpose is to generate evaluation ratings for Indicators in the Professionalism Domain of the SCTS rubric. Professional Review (20 KB, .docx)
- During the evaluation period, the teacher must complete the Professional Self-Review. The purpose is for the teacher to reflect on their professional performance. Professional Self-Review (19 KB, .docx)
- Student Learning Objective (SLO) Scoring Rubric - Form C (25 KB, .docx)
To further support implementation, the SCDE provides these optional planning forms for evaluators.
- Post-Conference Planning Sheet (20 KB, .docx)
ADEPT Guidelines Resources
Expanded ADEPT Support and Evaluation System Guidelines
Expanded ADEPT Guidance Chart